Using onion to grow your hair might not sound that appealing, but it is one of the best natural hair growth remedies that will not only help in growing your hair faster but will also allow for new growth and it is cheap too.
Onion is rich in sulfur, which is one of the main building blocks of hair.
It improves blood circulation and provides the hair follicles with sufficient nourishment and sulfur also has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps with scalp infections that might contribute to hair loss.
Here is how you can use the onion:
· Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces.
· Squeeze the juice out. To extract the juice, you can use a food processor, a blender, a grater or a juicer.
· Massage the juice into your scalp or cover the bald patches.
· Leave on for at least 15 minutes (longer if you can tolerate the smell) and then wash out using a mild shampoo.
Onion and honey mix for hair growth
· Mix ¼ cup of onion juice with 1 tablespoon of honey (if more mixture is required, double the amounts).
· Apply the paste onto your scalp.
· Leave it on for at least 30 minutes.
· You can also cover it with a shower cap and leave it overnight.
· Rinse it off.
This is a natural treatment, so you’ll have to be a bit patient to see the results. Use it daily (or minimum three times a week) and allow at least two months for your hair to start becoming stronger and shinier.