Prominent gospel musician Kudzi Nyakudya has dismissed a report being circulated on social networks originating from South Africa, claiming that he last week (Wednesday) molested two teenage boys in Capetown.
Nyakudya told Celebrity check that on the day Southern Daily, reported that he had committed the offense, he was still to collect his new passport in Zimbabwe.
“I have no idea who wrote that story and what led them to do that, trust me that story is misleading nothing like that happened, i left for South Africa with Baba Manyeruke on Wednesday (19 November) and arrived in Jo-burg on Thursday,”
“We were both hosted by Rev Chivaviro and we had our rehearsals that evening before driving to Durban on Friday…we were surprised to see the story on Saturday, the embarrassment it brought to us is they were trying to bring down our concert.” said Kudzi.
Rev Chivaviro expressed his greatest concern over the issue in a public statement giving an insight to the whole tour echoing exactly what Kudzi had just said.
Kudzi’s passport indicates he left Beitbridge on 19 Nov
Kudzi made it clear that he has never been to Capetown during the tour. “The last time that visited Capetown was in 2008 since then i have never been there and if you can check the distance between Capetown and Durban and for a person traveling by bus, i could have missed my show.”
Meanwhile Kudzi is seeking to open a law-suit against the publisher of that story and investigations on the culprit are still underway.